“Digital Signature” brings the concept DIGITAL INDIA many steps ahead. Nowadays, it becomes necessary for every individual and business organizations to get signed the document digitally using a digital signature.
The benefits of having “Digital Signature” are as follows:
- It removes the headache of signing a big document having many papers inside to sign.
- The doubt of fake signature or fraudulent sign can be fully avoided.
- The technology is governed by Cyber Laws having strong legal provisions.
- Documents of Online Tenders, Income Tax Return, RoC Compliance, DGFT Licenses, etc. can only be signed with the use of Digital Signature
- It is very easy to access and trustworthy technology. Digital Signature is considered as highly authentic and valid.
- To avoid its misuse, one has to renew it at every span of 2 years
There are mainly two class of Digital Signature:-
- Class – 2 Signatures
- Class – 3 Signatures
Class – 1 signature has no legal validity.
Documents required for Class - 2 Digital Signature Certificate
Identity Proof (Any One)
- PAN Card (Compulsory)
- Id Proof
- Address Proof
- Driving License
- Govt. ID Card
- Post office ID Card
- Copy of Bank Passbook containing photo & signed by the applicant with attestation and by a concerned bank officer
Address Proof (Any One)
- Telephone / Electricity / Water Bill
- Voter ID Card
- Gas Connection
- Property Tax Bill
- Bank Statement attested by the Bank officer (recent)
- Driving Licence
- Aadhar Card
- Service Tax / VAT / Excise Registration Certificate
Copy of supporting documents should be attested by any one of the following:
(seal and sign of the attesting officer should be other than BLACK)
- Gazatted Officer
2. Bank Manager
3. Authorized Executive of Bank
4. Post Master